In this interactive NCHE webinar, presenters will review important changes related to school selection for homeless children and youth under the McKinney-Vento Act.
Presenters will cover:
- McKinney-Vento basics and context
- The McKinney-Vento Act’s definition of school of origin
- McKinney-Vento provisions related to determining the best interest of a student in terms of school selection (local school or school of origin)
- The provision of school-of-origin transportation to currently homeless students and formerly homeless students who have become permanently housed
- McKinney-Vento provisions related to dispute resolution, including disputes about school enrollment and selection
Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with presenters and fellow attendees through Q&A and discussion periods.