In this interactive NCHE webinar, presenters will provide a high-level overview of the educational rights of children and youth experiencing homelessness under Subtitle VII-B of the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act, as amended by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). Presenters will cover:
• Understanding the relationship between housing and school performance
• McKinney-Vento basics and context
• Eligibility for McKinney-Vento rights and services
• Immediate school enrollment, school selection, and transportation rights under McKinney-Vento
• The McKinney-Vento dispute resolution process
Attendees will have the opportunity to interact with presenters and fellow attendees through polls and Q&A/discussion periods.
Handouts: You may download webinar handouts at https://nche.ed.gov/mckinney-vento-101-basic-requirements-of-the-mckinney-vento-act/.